Creating an imaginary setting with a coherent history, geography and ecology can be a tough (yet rewarding) aspect of writing speculative fiction.
Our members put together a list of world building resources to help you in this process. Did we miss any? Leave a comment below.
World Building Templates, Interactive Maps & Timelines
- Fantasy Worldbuilding Questions with Patricia C. Wrede
- Magic made real: 6 world building tips for writers by N. M. Lee
- Science in Sci-Fi, Fact in Fantasy by Dan Koboldt
- The Science Fiction Writers’ Guide to Space
- Worldbuilding by Kevin Klehr
- Worldbuilding by Mythcreants
- Worldbuilding is a Kind of Masturbation by Chuck Wendig